135,000 people search for ‘mailchimp’ on Google Australia, which is over 10 times the number searches for ‘activecampaign’, which goes to show how strong their brand is. The marketing team at ActiveCampaign has still a lot of work to do to reach and stay on top of people’s minds.
Mailchimp has been around a long time and evolved into a powerful email marketing tool, adding on functions and integrations along the way. They’ve jumped on the marketing automation bandwagon too but their offering is quite limited.
As a standalone email marketing tool Mailchimp is a step ahead of ActiveCampaign’s Campaign function. Their email builder is better. But if you look at all of their features and what businesses typically need, ActiveCampaign wins the comparison. Check out a quick overview of ActiveCampaign here.
5 reasons why ActiveCampaign is a better option than Mailchimp
- Indeed, Mailchimp’s email builder is better. But ActiveCampaign’s one is pretty good too and getting better
- Mailchimp’s marketing automation function is primitive compared to ActiveCampaign’s equivalent, which is on par as enterprise ‘journey builders’ as far as functions and usability
- Pipeline functionality, aka ‘Deals’ in ActiveCampaign, which Mailchimp doesn’t offer.
- Related to #3, ActiveCampaign is a good fit for both B2B and B2C businesses. Mailchimp’s focus is on the latter.
- With ActiveCampaign’s website, event and behavioural tracking, as well as customer data you capture via forms and integrations, you’re building rich customer profiles you can use to segment with
Price is a consideration too. Mailchimp is cheaper until you want to do more with your data and need to pay $150 a month for advanced segmentation.
Not convinced? Give ActiveCampaign a try and see for yourself: their free trial is valid 14 days and you don’t need a credit card to sign up.
Moving from MailChimp to ActiveCampaign is very easy. Why? Simple – ActiveCampaign will move you over for free. Once you have signed up they will import your database, re-create lists, automation flows, forms and email templates.
As they are doing so you can spend some time figuring out what strategies and tactics to put in place now that you’ve got a more powerful tool to work with.